Monday, June 22, 2009

2 weeks left


Today marks the two week count down before I head back to work. I can't believe it. The time has gone by so quickly. And I honestly thought I would be ready to head back to work. But I can say there is no part of me that wants to go back. I do miss adult interaction and using my brain more than I've been using it, but that's about it. And I'm sure I'm perfectly capable of finding both somewhere else. I think what is adding to my lack of desire to return is the fact that it is unclear what the job is I will be returning to. Many things have changed while I've been away. I think the uncertainty of all of it is just making it seem very stressful. I may or may not have the same job. I may or may not continue working out of the San Francisco office. I haven't received confirmation I can work from home on Fridays, but it is an absolutely must with my nanny situation. I hate thinking about all of this.

Thoughts that run through my mind. . .
1 Maybe I can be a stay at home mom. This thought is quickly challenged as soon as I think of how on earth we'd pay our bills if I didn't work. It would require a major change in lifestyle and probably moving out of the state or back somewhere near where I grew up.
2. Maybe we should just move. This thought is also challenged as soon I think about how on earth we would ever be able to sale our current house in the bad real estate market.
3. Maybe I'll change jobs. Yeah. . .not an option. No one is hiring.
4. Maybe I should just get pregnant again so I can go on maternity leave all over again. (This is looking like my best option.) hahaha. My body is definitely not ready for this. My hernia is still pretty large and I feel more and more like an old lady every day. And I think this wouldn't go over so well at work.

On a positive note. . .my nanny quit. But, I'm perfectly satisfied with that because I have found a new nanny that is wonderful. She had her first day today so she and Maren can get to know one another before she is full time with her. Maren will be spending Mon-Thur with Maritza. Maritza has two teenage children, tons of experience and is just great. And she speaks Spanish. So, I've got to break out my Roseta Stone so my child and husband can not have conversations with one another about me in Spanish. That will be my goal over the next year, learn Spanish.

So with that. . .I will suck it up and find a way to rediscover my passion for the office. Or if you live in a fabulous area, can hire me for a part time job and somehow know a way to get my house sold. Please contact me.

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I love how well you express your thoughts!

OK, so you KNOW what my vote would be! Option #1!! If you choose it, I'll help sell your house and find you a job and even a new house in this area!! :0)

Eliza2006 said...

shoot, that's me actually....but I was logged in as Tiffany! :-)

-Jamie

Unknown said...

No don't move to the valley- move to Utah HA. Seriously love my location, neighborhood. There are kids everywhere- playing outside all day. Lots of good people- and no they aren't all mormon HA. And- so affordable here to be a stay at home mom because that is my number one vote:)