Monday, February 2, 2009

Day 1 - Maternity Leave

Here I am. . .12 more days to go. . .lets hope she arrives in less than that. :)

Today is my first official day of maternity leave. What a strange feeling. I don't have to go to work until July! I can hardly believe it. For my wedding, I took one month off of work. Beyond that, I've never had more than 2 weeks off since I graduated college, which will be 10 years ago this May. This is a much needed time away from the office.

The last two weeks I've struggled a bit with being at home. My life has been on such a routine that the lack of routine really caused me to quickly lose motivation to do anything. So, my grand thoughts of updating my blog regularly went out the window. When I wasn't working or in a meeting, I was napping or watching TV. I was the ultimate couch potato. It was truly pathetic; and I've decided completely unacceptable. So, no more couch potato ways. I've got a list projects that I've wanted to complete for a while and require limited physical activity. So, between now and when the baby is born, I will have myself on a schedule to complete these tasks and will not start my morning with the Today Show, followed by View, then some news, Martha Stewart, Dr. Phil, Oprah, etc. It is disturbing how much time can go by in front on the television.

One of today's tasks is catching up on what has happened around our house over the last two weeks. So read on. . .

(Side Note: If my belly doesn't stop itching I'm not sure what I will do. It's driving me a little insane. I'm assuming it's happening because my belly is stretched beyond belief and my skin just can't take it anymore. And it looks super disgusting. My brother touched it the other day and completely freaked out. It's so hard and slick.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so cute! Your tummy looks like a basketball. You are so lucky- I gain weight EVERY where but yours looks like it is just that cute belly.

Jamie and Family said...

WHat a GREAT picture! It is so cute and real and fun that YOU took it. I love it. And you will look back soon and be like "wow, I can't believe that was real". Because believe it or not, you will not always be pregnant ;-)

Maren will help you be on a little bit more of a schedule. But at first you still have lots of down time because they sleep a ton (of course there are exceptions to that). I can't believe no work till July! That is wonderful to have such a long maternity leave? It's still a huge adjustment with your first to balance your time and not go insane, esp when you're used to so much structure. But I think you'll do fine and soak up some special mommy/baby time. Can't believe it's so soon!!!

cindy said...

It seems like a long time, but it will go by really quickly, trust me! So enjoy every minute and try to memorize all of it. :)