Monday, February 2, 2009

Maren's Room

As you will recall, we started working on Maren's room back in December. It has been a bit of a process, but we're now at the point where we are doing all the finishing touches. Curtains and pictures need to be hung, but beyond that, we're in good shape. Because we have a two bedroom house, I still needed space for guests, so the room is a nursery and can accommodate two others. Here are a few shots of the room. I was really shooting to avoid pink and brown because it is everywhere right now. But because it is everywhere, it was pretty much impossible to avoid. So, we went with brown, green and a hint of pink.




And this is her exploding closet. Mom has had to keep a few things in there, but I think I'm going to have to find somewhere for this stuff pretty soon.


And since I had been working at home, I decided to get all of her clothes and bedding washed. I spent a lot of time doing this. And then my mom arrived and informed me you can't use regular detergent on baby clothes, so I had to start all over again. I am finally finished. I'm sure I'm going to run into a hundred other things I start to do and discover it shouldn't be done that way; and I'll have to start all over. Oh the things I have to learn. Good thing I'm headed to a surviving the first two weeks with baby course tonight.

4 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

SOOOO cute! I love the elegance and simplicity of it. And even if brown and pink are everywhere...I LOVE them. The green is a great touch with it. Beautiful! You look very ready!

(P.S. by child number three, I threw out all the "rules" and she lived with regular detergent! ha ha)

Unknown said...

I have used regular detergent on all three of my kids- I never knew you weren't supposed to.

cindy said...

The room looks great! Landon has the quilt (brown w/ white trees) that matches your bumper. PB Kids, yes?

Kate said...

I love your baby's room! And great wedding pictures by the way - I found you through Cindy and was checking out some of the previous posts. Congrats on the impending arrival!