Saturday, October 18, 2008

Long Time Friends Reunion

Last week, I spent a few days with friends I've had since I was 4 years old, Jammie, Jamie and Melinda. It is so amazing how much the first 18 years of your life shape the remaining portion of your life and the individuals we become. I will always feel such a familiarity with these girls. It doesn't matter the amount of time that passes between seeing each other. It's such a warm and comforting feeling.

In junior high, we were die hard fans of the New Kids on the Block. Jammie, Jamie, Melinda and I traveled to LA and saw NKOTB at Dodger Stadium. We were so excited! Then Jammie, Melinda and I also saw them in Fresno a year later. We each had our own heart-throb within the group, which made it all the more exciting. So, when we heard they were having a reunion tour, we knew we had to be there. This is what brought about our mini-reunion.














Jammie, Melinda, Me, Jamie and Katie (with Brad in the back). Our Junior Year of High School



Jamie, Me, Jammie and Melinda, at dinner pre-concert.

Jamie was able to drive up a the night before the concert. So, I took the day off from work and we made it a full day of activities. First, we hit the Claremont Spa. That was super relaxing and something I think we both needed. It was great spending time with Jamie, catching up on life and reminiscing about the past.





After the spa, lunch and running a few errands, we were ready for the concert. So, we faught bay area traffic and met up with Jammie and Melinda. The four of us had a great dinner together and then headed down to the concert. Here are few picks from the show. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be quite as rowdy as the rest of the crew, but it was still a great time. Imagine an entire arena full of women in their early 30's reliving their youth. It was wild.









We had such a great time and it was so nice to be together again. Thanks for a great night girls.


1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

I just saw this post.....thanks for having me! I always love our time together. It's family-like and I appreciate that so much. Thanks for the fun memory!