Sunday, October 12, 2008

22 Weeks

I am pregnant with our first child. We had an ultra sound about 3 weeks ago and were told we are having a girl. We are so excited to have her join our lives.

I am still trying to find a word for what pregnancy has been like for me over the past six months. And for some reason the first word that comes to mind is strange. I feel a bit like I'm having an outer body experience. Something has taken over my body; and I'm along for the ride. Thankfully, I wasn't terribly sick during the first trimester. And through the second trimester I've regained my energy; and I am amazed every time I look down and see how my belly has grown. Do I like it? Yes. . .Do I dislike it? Yes. . .So I leave it as an amazing experience that I've been blessed to able to enjoy and endure.

Derek has been wonderful throughout the pregnancy. He is a very curious soul. So I think he has read more than I have about being pregnant, which means he very clearly understands my ups and downs and has been able to roll with them and support me throughout. He is very excited to be a daddy; and I can't wait to see his face when he sees her for the first time.

Mom. . .these shots are for you. They're not pretty, but they're my belly.

September 12th, on a trip to Portland Oregon.

One month later, October 11th. Oh how the belly has grown. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just you wait- the belly will grow and grow now! You look so cute. I am so happy you are experiencing this- and that you aren't deathly sick like I get.

britt said...

Hi Shana!
You look great and are in for quite a wild ride. But it is soo worth it!!