Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Business Travel

I feel like business travel has been such an entrenched part of my life for a long time now. The airport has felt like a second home to me for quite a while. After our wedding, I made a conscious effort to try and reduce the amount of time spent away from home; and now that the baby is on the way, I'm hoping it continues to decline.

That's not to say it was never exciting though. In my early 20's business trips were super exciting; and I think I grew a lot from the experiences. Being able to sit at a table by yourself in a restaurant is an art and skill that can be frightening at first, but something I have now mastered. I have been able to experience amazing cities: New York, Boston, Chicago, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Paris, Madrid, etc. The key is to force yourself to leave the office and actually experience the cities while you are there. New York is the city that I will always wish I had official lived for a while. I don't think it would have ever been a life long spot for me, but I love New York; and I've grown to know it quite well through all of the trips taken there.

So here I am, off to Boston, hopefully on my last business trip before the baby is born. It's a 36 hr whirlwind trip that I'm not thrilled about, especially given I've lost my status on the airlines. (Airline status is a beautiful thing. . .and once you've had it is very difficult to give it up.)

Here's to a new life of ordinary economy travel with no status. :)

1 comment:

Jamie and Family said...

See, this is the kind of stuff that is fun to read about! I love it. Little peeks into your mind and life. Blow the Red Sox a kiss for Tucker!!