Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Life Is Crazy

Oh wow! I'm feeling overwhelmed. There is so much happening, it is hard to stay in control of everything.

Things that have happened in the month of March:

Happy Things. . .
- Maren has started taking multiple steps on her own.
- My sister-in-law had a birthday on March 10th. We had a little celebration at her favorite Mexican restaurant Casa Orasco. It was a significant birthday, but we're not allowed to state the number. So, we needed to make sure it was extra special. She is headed for Holland for a big trip in a few weeks; and we're super excited for her.
- My dad turned 57 on March 11th. Happy birthday to you dad.
- Move in date to the house March 15th.
- Derek will have a birthday in a few weeks. I'm planning a little birthday celebration for him.
- My mom decided she's moving to the bay area and will be staying with us until she gets settled in here. We can't wait to have her here with us.
- This is bonus check month.

Stressful Things. . .
- Maren thinks she is a mountain climber and can scale anything. She received her first little injury a few weeks ago. Her entire little nose was a big scab. Her second adventure was to scale her stroller and stand up and then tip it over face first. Maybe I should have a more watchful eye on my child. :)
- I had to go through the legal process of evicting a tenant. (Total pain in the rear! And the legal fees were ridiculous.)
- Get my taxes ready and then learn I owe the government more money!
- The House!!!!! Oh my gosh!!! I knew a remodel was going to be stressful. The emotional roller coaster is crazy. Derek spends every weekend there, pretty much for 12 hrs a day. We talk house all night long. I am the accountant for the project trying the juggle the obscene amounts of money flowing to the project.
- We were scheduled to move in on the 15th. At 3:30 on Sunday, as the house was still covered in construction debree and I stood outside my house with a truck load of our stuff from the apartment, I looked at Derek and said, "We can't pull this off. What are we going to do? We have to be out of the hotel by 10:00 pm tonight." Thankfully the hotel let us extend a week, but a few tears were shed as I felt our family may be homeless for a short period. Our new move-in date is this Saturday. (Keep in mind construction will still be going on, we're just moving into a section of the house.)
- There are two hectic periods of the year for my job. This happens to be one of them. And I'm new to the role, so there has been a bit of a learning curve on many fronts, including learning specific personalities. Unfortunately, I had to learn about one of the the hard way through a terrible meeting. Oh well. . .no time to worry about that now.
- Friends. . .Do I still have any? I've totally neglected your for the past two months. And I am sorry. I do think of you often. Please bare with me.

March. . .I'm going to make it through you. And I look forward to an easier April.

Shana

2 comments:

Jamie and Family said...

I can relate to the feeling of hanging on by a thread. I'm starting to wonder if this is just how life will ALWAYS feel (as I keep telling myself to "just get through this part" over and over).

That being said, I CAN NOT imagine living in the tiny apartment you are in for SO much longer than expected AND dealing with a huge remodel. IF you and Derek can make it thru this, you will be just fine going forward :-) Love ya!

Unknown said...

Shana- Don't know if you have gotten all of my emails and my birthday email- hope you are doing well.