Friday, February 26, 2010

Maren is 1

I am very behind with getting this post up. On February 16th, Maren turned 1 year old. We had a bit of a week long birthday celebration for her.

On her birthday, I took the day off and we spent the day together. We went to visit Jen Molander for a little photo shoot. She does a great job in front of a camera. I'm super happy with the shots. If you would like to take a peek, go to:
www.collages.net
Guest Login: Lindgren 2010
Password: 5109

That night we had a little birthday celebration with Derek's family: Kathy, Kerri, Hanna and Sara. We went to our favorite little mexican restaurant and had a little birthday cake. It was a plan white cake with whipped cream for frosting. Maren loved the whipped cream.







From there, we continued the celebration in Tahoe the following weekend. This was technically Maren's second visit to the snow, but this is the first visit where she actually touched it. My mom, dad, brother, mom's boyfriend Ron, Jason, Sara, Jon, Leyna and Hanna joined us for the trip.

We arrived on Friday after a five hour journey from the Bay Area to Tahoe with a few pit stops along the way. Maren experienced In N Out, although I think she was there once before with the nanny. She loved my dad's vanilla milk shake.





Saturday, Maren spent the day with her nanna; and the rest of us hit the slopes. It has been a while since I'd been on skis and man I missed it. We had a great day skiing, but there were quite a few of us out there and it was hard to keep track of all of us. My friend Cindy, her husband Rick and her parents drove from Sacramento to join us and I think we ended up only skiing one run together.

That evening we had a little birthday party for Maren.



And I will have to get the rest of the pictures from my mom or brother because from there Derek had the video camera and I was helping her with gifts and cake.

Later that evening she decided to be brave and walk from the coffee table to an end table on her own. It took about two steps. She was after a cell phone. Unfortunately, her mama didn't see it. :(

Here are some fun things about Maren at 1 years old.
- She took steps that her mama saw on Tuesday the 22nd. Serena, her nanny share partner, was walking to the nanny; and Maren decided she had better do it too.
- She is still on her path of being a bit picky with food. But she has discovered oranges and she loves them!
- She is still in love with Griffin. For some reason she calls him Coco, which is my friend Christine's dog.
- Her vocabulary is really expanding. She is saying words in both english and spanish.
- She is 30" long and 23 lbs.
- She loves music and dances when she hears it.
- She also loves any toy that allows her to make her own music.
- I think she is trying to transition from one nap to two, although she is still taking two naps quite well for the nanny.
- She has 6 teeth.
- She needs a hair cut. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So funny that my 4 month old weighs only 5 pounds less than her. You have to love those little girls! Happy birthday Maren- Hope you are well Shana- I'd love to hear from you.

PS- living in the snow hell the last thing I would do is take my kids to the snow for their birthday HA HA -