Monday, November 30, 2009

Good Bye 1397 Barrows Rd

Well. . .it is official, we no longer live at 1397 Barrows Road.

We moved out the weekend before Thanksgiving. It was 72 hrs of moving. How we pulled it off is beyond me. We wouldn't have pulled it off without the help of my dad, brother and Kerri. Somehow, we placed 80% of our house inside a 16x8x10 container. The other 10% went to a furnished apartment we are living in in Oakland. And the other 10% ended up in Sara's backyard. Too bad it's not summer, they've now have plenty of patio furniture and bbq's to have a great party.

So why didn't we go to Dublin to stay with Derek's mom? We really couldn't face the commute. It was going to be hard on all of us. And fortunately we found a place to accommodate us and Griffin at the last minute. It is a one bedroom furnished apartment. It has a lot of closet space, so thankfully I've been able to stuff a lot of things in there. The unfortunate part of the situation is within a week, we quickly discovered Griffin isn't cut out for apartment living. And he has had to go stay with Derek's mom, Kathy indefinately. Poor guy. We're sad without him, but he has a lot more space there, access to outside anytime he wants it and a great companion with their dog Spark.

Patience is already wearing thin trying to hold out for our new house. We'll see how long we last. Hopefully we get some news soon. Otherwise, we need to move to plan B.

This seriously ranks pretty high on the moments of stress in Shana's life scale. But when I really start to lose it, I stop and think about all of the families out there without homes or living in smaller spaces than we have without proper living facilities. And I realize my situation really isn't that bad. I am in the fortunate position to be able to choose where I live on my own terms. I am greatful for that. And I will have a new home when all the stars align.

No comments: